If you want your plants to stay healthy and strong, you need to use plant growth regulators. Plant growth regulators are chemicals that help plants grow in the right way and at the right pace. There are many different types of plant growth regulators, and each one is designed for a specific purpose. In this blog post, we will discuss the different types of plant growth regulators and how to use them properly!
Many beginning gardeners want their plants to grow quickly, be strong and beautiful. But if the soil is not fertile or other factors are present that slow the growth of grass, then in the end the gardener is disappointed and does not want to continue to care for the garden. But there is a way out and a solution to such a problem – plant growth regulators. This is only one factor that plant regulators help solve, but there is also a second factor – controlling especially rampant plants that need control or they will take over your entire vegetable garden or garden.
There are various plant regulators on the market that can inhibit their growth or, conversely, stimulate it. Below we will take a look at the properties that may be present in one or the other plant growth control product.
What do plant regulators do?
Simply put, plant growth regulators are chemicals that affect the rate of cell division and elongation in plants. In other words, they help plants grow! In addition, plant growth regulators can increase plant density and cause an increase in branching, which will greatly increase the volume of a particular plant.
But plant growth regulators can also have the opposite effect, that is, inhibit the development of a particular plant, cause it to bear less fruit, be thinner and less dense.
Plant growth regulators that inhibit the development of plants and fruits
Groups of plant growth regulators that inhibit the development of plants and fruits are divided into groups. There are five in total:
- Cytokinin – mainly used for thinning the fruit of trees and fruit bushes. This substance can work both ways, that is, in one case to inhibit the growth of fruit, in the other to activate. Everything will depend on the amount of the product, as well as the stage of its use on this or that plant;
- Ethylene – stimulates fruit and leaf fall, and keeps shoots from being too long. It prevents lateral buds from developing, which significantly reduces fruiting. It is better than others at keeping ripe fruit on the trees and preventing them from becoming overripe;
- Gibberellins – they enhance cell elongation growth, which in turn affects shoot retardation and puts the plant into a temporary dormant state. If the plant or fruit tree bears fruit, this substance will help improve the size of the existing fruits, but at the same time will not let them rot on the branches if you do not have time to harvest;
- Absicinic acid is the best option for controlling plant shoots. It makes the buds and seeds dormant and regulates the water in the plants.
Plant growth regulators that speed up plant growth and help root plants
These rooting and growth enhancing products are divided into 4 groups:
- Auxins – help develop the root system and also stimulate the growth of cambial cells that proliferate under the bark and skin of shoots;
- Cytokinins – this substance actively affects dormant buds and helps stimulate them to develop faster. They also help to slow down the aging process of foliage;
- Brassins – provide tone and immune system stimulation for flowers, vegetables and fruits. It helps to survive the shock of transplanting and also strengthens the seeds.
Popular Questions and Answers
What are plant growth regulators?
Plant growth regulators (PGRs) are a group of chemicals that affect plant growth. They can be used to stimulate or inhibit growth, depending on the application. Plant growth regulators are often used in agriculture to improve crop yields, but they can also be used for home gardening purposes.
Are plant growth regulators dangerous?
A: No, plant growth regulators are not dangerous. They are safe to use and pose no threat to humans or animals. However, as with any chemical product, it is important to follow the instructions on the label carefully.
What are the benefits of using plant growth regulators?
There are many advantages to using plant growth regulators. They can be used to increase or decrease the growth rate depending on the needs of the plant. Plant growth regulators can also be used to improve the quality of fruits and vegetables and increase yields. They help free up extra time that you may have spent pruning leaves, branches.
Popular products for accelerating and rooting plant growth
Hormex Rooting Hormone Powder #1 | for Easy to Root Plants
Looking for a quick and easy way to root your plants? Check out Hormex’s #1 rooting powder! This powder is formulated for quick and easy plant rooting without any side effects. Its safe, sprite-free formulation makes it ideal for those looking for a natural way to root plants. In addition, the strong roots it produces are ideal for enhancing the growth of various herbs and vegetation. So don’t wait any longer, buy Hormex Rooting Hormone Powder #1 today!
The product is suitable for accelerating the growth of peat moss, mineral wool and other similar plants. It is effective in terms of transplanting, any plants to enhance rooting, thereby making the plant healthier. The powder is much more convenient to use on plants, and most importantly it helps to make already mature plants healthier and stronger.
- Handy powder
- Quick effect;
- Safe composition with no sprite;
- Makes plant roots healthier and stronger;
- Strengthens the roots;
- Enhances the growth of various grasses and vegetation.
Miracle-Gro AeroGarden Liquid Plant Fertilizer for Use in AeroGarden Hydroponic
If you’re looking for a high-quality liquid plant fertilizer that’s perfect for use in your AeroGarden hydroponic system, then you need the Miracle-Gro AeroGarden liquid plant fertilizer. This specially formulated, improved formula is ideal for frequent use and comes with a convenient dispenser cup for easy application. Made with an organic pH buffer system, it helps improve plant growth and germination and is also suitable for houseplants. So why not give your plants the best chance at success with Miracle-Gro AeroGarden Liquid Plant Fertilizer?
You can use it every time you water your houseplant or garden plant. It will depend on how often you water. The more often, the faster the plant or houseplant will grow. A long shelf life will allow you to use it for a very long time without worrying about it spoiling when opened.
- Suitable for use in an enclosed garden;
- Specially developed improved formula;
- Suitable for frequent use;
- Organic pH buffer system;
- Comes with a cup dispenser;
- Improves plant growth and germination;
- Suitable for houseplants.
- It is important to follow the instructions for use clearly, otherwise you can oversaturate the plant with beneficial elements, which will eventually kill it.
Rock Nutrients Rock Resinator Heavy Yields for Gardening, 1-Liter
Want a serious crop for your next gardening season? Consider Rock Nutrients Rock Resinator Heavy Yields. This potent solution is high in phosphorus and potassium, which are key plant nutrients. It’s also purified for safety, and the triple-action technology makes it even more effective. In addition, the biostimulants in the solution promote plant growth, and it has a pleasant aroma. So why wait? Get your hands on Rock Resinator Heavy Yields and achieve those amazing crops you’ve been dreaming of! The product is allowed to be used in growing soil, along with a purified mixture for blooming houseplants and in living soil in the garden.
- Contains large amounts of phosphorus and potassium;
- Purified and safe composition;
- Increases the size of fruits and flowers;
- Triple Action Technology;
- Contains biostimulants;
- Pleasant fragrance.
Diablo Nutrients – Monster Frost – Hormone Free Bulking Agent Heavy Yields
To increase yield without the use of synthetic hormones, Diablo Nutrients has taken care of that with the release of Monster Frost bulking agent. This powerful but hormone-free formula is designed to enhance trichome development, resulting in increased yields and better resin production. The clever formulation ensures that your plants get all the nutrients they need for optimal growth, and the fresh, pleasant flavor of the fruit will tantalize your taste buds. With an increased number of cone fruits and improved resin quality, Diablo Nutrients “Monster Frost” is sure to take your gardening to the next level!
- Does not contain hormones;
- Helps develop trichomes;
- Enhances straw production;
- Intelligent Composition;
- Gives fruits an incredibly fresh and pleasant aroma;
- Increases the number of cone fruits;
- Improves the quality of resin production.
Grow More 7437 Jumpstart Plant Tonic, 1 Gallon
Grow More 7437 Jumpstart Plant Tonic is just what you need! This powerful concentrate is packed with amino acids and B vitamins that plants need for healthy and vigorous growth. It’s an economical tonic – just mix it with water and apply it to your plants. You’ll see results in as little as 7-10 days, speeding up growth and increasing blooms. Ideal for roses and orchids, this tonic is also safe for children and pets.
Give your plants the boost they need with Grow More 7437 Jumpstart Plant Tonic! The concentrate implies that it will need to be diluted with water to get the optimum product. You should not use concentrate undiluted because it can burn or burn the leaves of your plant.
- It contains amino acids;
- Contains vitamin B group;
- Promotes faster growth of plants in the garden;
- Powerful concentrate;
- Suitable for house roses and orchids;
- Economical consumption.
General Hydroponics FloraGro 2-1-6, Use With FloraMicro & FloraBloom
Consider General Hydroponics FloraGro 2-1-6. This powerful formula is ideal for fast-growing plants and is suitable for use in both hydroponics and indoor plants. FloraGro contains a number of nutrients to help your plants thrive and is also very economical to use. So why not try it today and see the difference for yourself? Your plants will thank you for it!
The product is suitable for the care of garden plants and flowers, for the care of houseplants. It is always important to read the instructions for use to get the dosage right. The product has an active effect on plant development, so you will soon be able to notice the effect. Many customers claim that their plants have doubled in size after using this product.
- It contains a lot of nutrients for plants;
- Effective for fast-growing plants;
- Suitable for hydroponics;
- Suitable for houseplants and flowers;
- Economical Consumption;
- Quick effect.
HydroDynamics Clonex Rooting Gel, 100 ml
A good and very effective HydroDynamics Clonex Rooting Gel contains a large list of minerals and macronutrients that are important for young roots. It helps the development of root cells and effectively nourishes young roots. It also contains vitamins that are important for young roots. So if you want your clones to root quickly and effectively, purchase HydroDynamics Clonex Rooting Gel.
The gel formula is designed to immediately seal the cut portion of the stem and begin to stimulate it to root and supply growth hormones. The development is fast and efficient enough so that young roots take root quickly. The product does not contain alcohol or any other kind of alcohol. It can be used at home and commercially, such as in nursery plants.
- Safe water base;
- Ideal rooting agent;
- Includes a large list of minerals;
- Includes macronutrients;
- Effectively nourishes young roots;
- Helps develop root cells;
- Contains vitamins important for young roots.
SUPERthrive VI30155 Plant Vitamin Solution
Superthrive is an incredibly effective vitamin solution that is ideal for amateur and professional gardeners alike. The high concentration of this solution means that it will be very economical to use, and it stimulates the natural blocks in the plant body, making the roots more powerful. It can help plants survive the shock of transplanting and is essential for anyone who wants a healthy garden.
The formulation includes an abundance of vitamins for plants that are very beneficial to them. It helps not only to speed up their growth, but also to improve their health. Concetrate is suitable for gardens, hydroseeding, spraying plants, hydroponics and for home plant care. To increase its effectiveness, you can use it with a cutting agent.
- An effective vitamin solution;
- High concentration, so it will be economical to use;
- Suitable for amateur and professional gardeners;
- Stimulates natural blocks in the plant organism;
- Makes roots more powerful;
- Helps plants survive shock after transplanting.
Popular products for suppressing and controlling plant growth
Monterey LG4300 Sucker Stopper RTU, Ready-To-Use Sprout Growth Regulator
Check out the Monterey LG4300 Sucker Stopper RTU, a ready-to-use seedling growth regulator! This handy sprayer is specifically designed to regulate your plants growth and prevent root formation. Just spray it on the affected area and see the difference! Not only will it stop root growth, but it will also slow root growth after pruning for up to 6 months! So don’t wait any longer, get your hands on Monterey LG4300 Sucker Stopper RTU, Ready-To-Use Root Growth Regulator today!
The product is ready to use, which is very convenient. The compound is suitable for pruning treatments on fruit trees, it helps support the growth of strong branches, but at the same time does not accelerate it. The compound can be used immediately, the main thing is to shake the bottle. It is allowed for use in commercial and agricultural applications.
- Handy spray gun;
- Prevents the formation of blight on apple trees, pears and olives;
- Regulates the growth of houseplants;
- Stops root growth;
- Slows post pruning root growth for 6 months.
Atrimmec Plant Growth Regulator
Looking for an organic plant growth regulator to help reduce pruning and maintenance time? Consider Atrimmec! This unique product blocks plant hormones, stopping shoot elongation, resulting in your ornamental plants looking more compact and neat. Atrimmec also helps curb the growth and volume of vigorously growing plants, making it the perfect choice for those who want to achieve a neat and tidy garden with less effort.
Because of this clever formulation, the product quickly passes through the leaves into the stem of the plant itself and blocks apical dominance. It is effective in controlling wild shrubs and perennials. The product will help save you a lot of time, which you can spend more fruitfully.
- Organic matter;
- Reduces pruning and maintenance time;
- It blocks plant hormones;
- Stops shoot elongation;
- Improves the appearance of ornamental plants;
- Helps curb the growth and volume of vigorously growing plants.
Sucker Punch Plant Growth Regulator
Are you tired of watching your apple, pear, citrus and ornamental trees grow uncontrollably? The Sucker Punch plant growth regulator can help. With effective shoot growth control, Sucker Punch is the perfect solution to keep your plants under control. The handy brush applicator makes it easy to apply, and the effect lasts about 6 months. So don’t wait any longer, buy Sucker Punch plant growth regulator today and enjoy beautifully groomed plants all year round! The product is effective in applications against sprouts on stumps, roots, fruit trees and other ornamental plants.
- Effective control of shoot growth;
- Suitable for apple trees, pear trees, citrus trees and ornamental trees;
- The effect lasts about 6 months;
- Handy applicator with a brush that is located under the lid;
- Ready solution.
Quali-Pro Pac-Low Plant Growth Regulator – Slow Plant and Vegetative Growth
Quali-Pro Pac-Low is your key to success! This powerful yet gentle systemic product slows plant growth during the growing season, keeping your lawn neat and tidy. It’s ideal for use on large and small lawns, and its high volume makes it economical, too. Don’t let uncontrolled growth ruin your yard – keep it looking perfect with Quali-Pro Pac-Low Plant Growth Regulator.
The package has detailed instructions on how to use the product for certain types of plants. So you should have no trouble figuring out how to use it. In addition, the convenient shape of the bottle makes it easy to treat plants and grass.
- Systemic impact;
- Large volume;
- Slows plant growth during the vegetative period;
- Suitable for use on large and small lawns;
- Effective but gentle action.
Monterey (704590) Florel Brand Growth Regulator 32oz
If you’re looking for a reliable growth regulator to help stop fruit ripening, check out Monterey Florel Brand Growth Regulator. This powerful product is ideal for use on a variety of plants, including apple trees, maples, chestnuts, olives, sweet oranges and more. Not only will it help control the growth of your plants, but it will also effectively control the size and shape of the branches. It is also ideal for use on ornamental shrubs and indoor flowers. With so many benefits, there’s no reason not to try Monterey Florel Growth Regulator!
The substance is good for controlling the flowering of melon, pumpkin, zucchini and other hybrid seeds. The product is even suitable for controlling mistletoe, lateral buds, defoliation of roses, and many other types of plants and flowers. The concentrate is easy to use, the main thing is to follow the recommendations according to the instructions.
- Helps to stop the ripening of fruit;
- Suitable for use on apple, maple, chestnut, olive, sweet orange and others;
- Effective branch control;
- Helps control the growth of ornamental shrubs, plants and indoor flowers.
Nufarm Anuew Plant Growth Regulator
Nufarm Anuew Plant Growth Regulator is an effective way to improve the condition of your lawn grasses. By eliminating the need for frequent mowing and pruning, Anuew helps you keep your lawn looking neat and tidy with less work. It can be used in both warm and cold weather, making it a versatile tool for keeping your lawn healthy all year round. Plus, the convenient powder form makes it easy to use. Simply sprinkle it on your lawn and water it in according to the directions.
- Helps improve the condition of lawn grasses;
- Effective action;
- Helps eliminate frequent mowing of grass and pruning of branches;
- Can be used in warm and cold seasons;
- Convenient formula in powder form.
So there you have it! These are the best plant growth regulators on the market today. If you’re lucky, this article has helped you better understand how to keep your plants healthy and strong, or conversely, solve the problem of plants that grow too fast and need control.